Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lost My Boyfriend to a Puppy Named Zoe

So after my last post, I was feeling somewhat relieved and saddened by our experience with the puppy we'd dubbed "Toby." (I keep being told not to use this name since we never really had the dog, and may want to use it in the future :P) We carried on about our business, Mike working full time as usual as a Sonographer, and me trying to pick up the pieces of my classes, and pick up as many shifts at the hospital in the glamorous dishroom as possible.
We had kinda decided that after such a heartbreaking experience with "Toby" we really would wait til we had the time, and wouldn't be disappointed again. I pledged to not look at Kijiji until May... However, that of course didn't happen.
During this week, Mike again was looking on Kijiji at puppy ads and came across an ad for a Schnoodle (a cross between a poodle and Schnauzer) litter in Moncton. He was planning on going to PEI next weekend because his brother and sister-in-law are due to have their baby. He decided to write to the woman and arrange to meet with her to have a look at the puppies on his way back that Sunday night.
Friday night, I'm waiting to start my shift at work, sipping my Tim's Tea, and Mike calls me. The breeder was apparently shipping one of the puppies on a flight to Newfoundland on Saturday, and was willing to bring the puppy we were interested in for us to have a look! We thought this was a stroke of luck, and would be a much better situation than Mike potentially driving home with a puppy by himself.
One of our reservations with Toby was the fact that he was white, and that he was male. When we originally started looking at dogs, we liked the idea of having a multi-colored dog (preferably black or brown) and that it be a female (I didn't want any little penis' hanging around :P) From the pictures in the ad, there were two black puppies. One was a male and all black. The other was a female, black with one white paw, and a white chin. We decided to tell the breeder to bring her for us to have a look at her.
When we drove up to the Air Canada cargo bay, as soon as the breeder opened the sliding door to her van, this little black face poked out, and I knew we would be taking her home!





So this is our little girl Zoe. So far she's been an excellent little girl. Hasn't had an accident in the house (although we've only had her for about 8 hours now, but I'm staying positive!) and we are slowly crate training her, and she's quite the little suck, been trying to climb onto my lap for some pets and lovin!
I'm happy to report a positive note to the last post, and we are quite happy with this sweet little girl. We took her out for a pee about an hour ago, Mike carrying her to the outside door, and he looks at me and says, "I'm in love!" So I guess I'm now even lower on the Mike-love list, coming after a dog and a BMW! I can't complain though, my life is pretty damn good!

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, she is the epitome of cute! I love that last picture - you are lucky parents!

    ReplyDelete