Friday, March 18, 2011

First Attempt...

Due to the increasing interest in my very active social and artistic life (:P) I have decided to create this blog in hopes that it will help me show my artwork to those interested, gain inspiration as well as clarity about past, present and future works.
My name is Danielle and I am an emerging artist in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I am set to graduate from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design, and am currently struggling to figure out how I am going to carry on an artistic career without the aid and help of those around me at school. Perhaps readers can post suggestions, but the task is daunting, even though I am bound and determined to make my mark on this world!
Artistically I paint and draw, but I also dabble in the textile arts. I have experience with fabric dying, screen printing, and weaving, and currently have my own loom. My paintings currently are centered around portraits of my most cherished and dear friends, and most of my source images have been taken from Facebook. I'm trying to create a discussion around identity, and creation of identity through social media... I think...
I'm also currently working on a Tactile Notebook, which, in the simplest form is the combination of a sketchbook, journal and scrapbook. Like this blog will hopefully provide, it's a place to create and not be judged. A place to play. So let's play on, and I hope my future blogs become more interesting than this first one :P

No comments:

Post a Comment